Monday, November 8, 2010

Photo Shoot

Yesterday was very odd weather here.  Warm one moment and then windy and wet the next.  Corey (son) was attending a  mud camp on the weekend so Chris (husband) and I had time on our hands.  I had been saying for awhile that I needed to take some pattern cover photographs to start putting my patterns out there. With a choice between mowing the lawn and taking photos with me in the bush it wasn't a hard decision for the man to make.

The little red car was packed up with the camera and all my creations that needed modelling and the artistic director and I headed out to find exactly the right 'bendy' tree to hang the quilt on.  We didn't need to go far!  Check these out....


I started this quilt some time ago and designed it with complete beginners in mind.  There are no seams to match and the quilt pattern will cater for three different sizes.  It is also a really good quilt to gain confidence in choosing and coordinating colors.  It has simple quilting on it and was just a joy to stitch.  Hopefully I will get a moment this week to write the pattern (wish, wish and hope!).

The wind was picking up a bit and the quilt just blew out at the right angle but I didn't get the right shot in time.


The quilt must have known it was being photographed it....work the camera baby, show us some movement!

2 comments:

michelle said...

beautiful quilt, looks gorgeous billowing

Jodie said...

gorgeous quilt - i love the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...