Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Advent Calender Adventures

Corey has been nagging me for the last little while about getting an advent calender.  I agreed, thought it was about time we got one.  Being the creative mother that I am I thought that I could make one so searched on line for some interesting decorative touches.  Thank Christmas for Martha Stewart.  She has some awesome Christmas craft on her site.  If you are as Christmas crazy as I am check the "Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive" blog.  There are some great things there to get you into the Christmas spirit.

Anyway, back to the advent calender.  After much sighing and groaning from the child (why can't we just buy one... sigh...huff) I decided that we were making 25 paper stockings (more groans).  The kitchen table was soon covered in scraps of paper, glue, stamps, ink pads and numerous other decorations.  The sewing machine even got a work out.  You know it is really hard to sew paper!





I got into the 'zone' and had done heaps before Corey was pleading with me to leave some for him. He he! I think they look great!


We decorated them with stamps, white pen and strips/circles of patterned paper or plain cardstock.  I really like the little Santas I drew.


I will thread some ribbon through the little hole I punched in the top corner and tie them off.  We are going to hang them on little suction hooks on Corey's wardrobe door and put a choccy frog or a candy cane in each one.  You could easily do these with fabric as well to make an amazing Christmas banner.  If anyone wants the link to the instructions let me know by email and I will send them to you.  Don't forget Corey, Santa can see when you are naughty and sneak a frog!

1 comment:

spectacularfairywren said...

thanks for your advent inspiration. I keep looking at my 24 drill squares and stopping before i can start! Love your mixy-matchy lovelyness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...